"Roscoe Naguit has held the title of Assistant Director at the Niagara Global Tourism Institute (NGTI) since its early concept phase in 2014. Building an organization from the ground up involves wearing every hat imaginable, from finance officer, program director, to community outreach.
As the NGTI continues to expand programming in each of its 4 pillars of Research, Technology, Workforce Development, and Entrepreneurship, Roscoe has led various initiatives including:
• Tourism & Hospitality Career Pathways Program - Community workforce development
• Niagara Free Wi-Fi - Public Wi-Fi network initially deployed in downtown Niagara Falls in 2018
• Disney Institute – Yearly professional development program serving the northeast U.S. and Canadian market (5 years running)
• Stay Another Night Program – Winter-based sales and branding training program for current hospitality/guest services staff.
• TReC - Coworking and business incubation space located at 616 Niagara Street in downtown Niagara Falls. The 9,300 sq ft facility provides a platform for entrepreneurs and small business to develop their ideas and grow their businesses. TReC also engages the Niagara Falls community, including local youth, for entrepreneurial opportunities and sponsored workshops.
Being heavily embedded in an international tourism industry like Niagara Falls, Roscoe pushes for the constant professional growth of the sector, but with a heavy emphasis on progress being reflected in the community. As an industry grows, uplifting the community on various fronts should be a natural parallel.
Prior to joining the NGTI, Roscoe’s professional career included 10 years in project finance roles for Siemens Building Technologies and Gerster Solutions (Trane/Ingersoll Rand). As a representative of the NGTI and the Niagara Falls tourism industry, Roscoe also serves as a board member for several WNY organizations (Leadership Niagara; F BITES; Isaiah 61 Project; City of Niagara Falls Tourism Advisory Board; Lewiston-Porter Academy of Business & Finance; WNY Regional NAF).
Stepping outside of the professional realm, Roscoe is blessed with a wonderful wife in Jessica and two sons (Logan Richard – 2 years old and Charles Xavier - 1 month old). And yes, his wife did sign off on naming them after X-Men characters. His free time is enjoyed with his family and a hobby in Olympic weightlifting."